Digital Library Access
Get the app, read, enjoy!
E-books are available for checkout through the OverDrive app for most popular devices or through the OverDrive website. We have a variety of fiction and non-fiction titles to choose from. Load the app on your iPad, Smart phone, or computer to easily access these titles. All books have a three-week checkout.
To access the digital library use the same username and password that you use when you use a desktop computer at school. Here is how to get started using the OverDrive Console app on Apple mobile devices:
- Download the Overdrive app from Apple’s App Store.
- You will also need to create an ID when the Adobe Digital Editions screen pops up. Follow the instructions to sign in and create an Adobe Account. (Some people may not see this screen if you have already completed this process for use with a different library.)
- Tap the Overdrive app. Swipe from left to right to open the Home menu. Tap the + to add a library.
- We are listed as Township High School District 211. Tap the star to save to the library list.
- Tap on the name to access our site.
- Sign in using your Windows log-in, i.e. first initial last name and password.
- Select a book by typing in its title, or browse by subject or collection.
- Tap the cover of the book.
- Tap the BORROW button.
- Tap Download, then tap Adobe EPUB book or Kindle Book if you have a Kindle or the Kindle app. Tap Confirm & Download.
- To open the book for the first time, tap on the three horizontal bars in the top left corner. Tap Bookshelf. This will show you the titles you have checked out. Tap on the cover of the title you wish to read.
See the librarian or Media staff for assistance or additional information. You may also visit the resources below:
OverDrive How-To Videos (http://overdrive.com/help-videos)
OverDrive Help (http://help.overdrive.com)
- Go to the App Store and download the app BryteWave K-12
- Open the app. Your username is your last name and 4-digit code while your password is
your ID number. The Conant FollettShelf URL is: wbb37743. Select the option “stay
- Browse our collection! You can read books either in your browser, or if you know this is
something you want to continue with, you can check it out by selecting the Checkout
- To download a book you have checked out, select the button that says Open Book on the
page that says My eReader, then confirm that you want to download the title. This means
you can read the book even when you don’t have wifi access.
- To return a book early, go to the My eReader page and simply select Return Early. The
checkout time is 3 weeks. If you don’t return it early, it will automatically return when your
time is up.
Accessing Flipster Periodicals
- On your iPad, go to the App Store to download the Flipster app.
- Open Safari to the CHS library webpage: http://chs.d211.org/academics/media-center/
- Click “databases” and login to get to the list (username and password are the ones used to
access a computer).
- Open the EBSCO database:
Open the Flipster link.
- Enter the User ID and password: (if prompted)
User ID: jamesbconant
- Search the magazines to find an issue you wish to read.
- Tap the cover to select it.
- You now have the choice of reading it from the browser (you will need internet access to do
this) or download it to your device (tap Open).
- Once the magazine is finished downloading, tap the cover.
- Enjoy reading!
Depending upon the publishers’ license agreements, you will have between two days and one week to read the issue. If you finish reading the issue before the expiration date, tap the trash can icon to remove it from your device.
There is no limit to the number of times that you may select an issue. You will have access to past issues once the new ones are published.